Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pottermore!

I do have to admit that seeing the last Harry Potter movie was a little painful, because it meant that the end finally came to my childhood... until I was introduced to the wonderful world of Pottermore.com. Put together by JK Rowling herself, most of the actual use of what Pottermore is, still remains a secret - although her video did give some hints that fans who are registered early, may get the chance to help create the magic. And I feel like surprises are always the best when they're related to Harry Potter, and magic of course.

I know this is incredibly nerdy, but I did actually stay up on the eve of July 31st because that was when the first clue to gaining admittance was rumored to go up. Alas, when midnight came, it did not... and new rumors swarmed that we would have to wait until 12pm UK time (aka 4am) to see the first clue. After setting my alarm to go off at precisely 3:55am, I was just about ready to call it a night, but I wanted to check the website one last time, just in case... lo and behold the first clue was there! All sleepiness that I had felt only moments before, vanished as I hasted to call my best friend who I had just hung up with to go to sleep! And surprisingly, by using her book, the clue wasn't too difficult to figure out! Thank goodness!

So, all you Harry Potter fans - who wouldn't want their name written down in the Magical Book with all the other famous witches and wizards?


Is it a bad sign that I was waaaay more excited to be registered for Pottermore (as magical!) than when I got my college acceptance letters? Hmm... let's leave that a rhetorical question...

But, before I forget - HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY POTTER!

No comments: