Friday, July 3, 2009

Why I wear sweaters on 80 degree weather.

So since I finally updated May happenings it's time for June!

I'm now working at the Spokane YWCA in a work study position as the Development Office Assistant. Aside from working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week it's not that bad :) I actually get my own office (which is pretty much the best part) since my supervisor's boss got promoted. So while they are in the process of finding someone I get the office all to myself!

{ok the part about the title is because the offices here are FREEZING all the time so I have to wear a sweater to work! Except now they've fixed the temperatures to be at normal levels}

Basically I'm helping out with getting donations for our benefit dinner, auction and golf tournament weekend at the end of July, plus organizing Women of Achievement nominations and other random work. All in all, it's a pretty fun place to work and I get to stay there through the Fall which works out fantastically!

But I haven't been just working all the time. Usually Michael and I would try to do something fun together since Spokane weather has been sooooo nice and he had to leave June 23rd for bootcamp. We ended up going to the park alot for our adventures, but it was still fun!


Unfortunately one day, Michael decided that he wanted to befriend the nutria creatures. They kind of look like a gopher and a beaver put together (well in my mind anyway) but it was so freaky because they would just come right up to us! I guess they must be so used to people that it doesn't scare them?


June was already halfway over before we finally were able to make a small trip home! I took a couple days off work so we could visit everyone. It was nice to see my family especially since I hadn't seen them since around Easter! My oldest sister was also in the process of moving back to San Francisco so it was nice to finally catch everyone when we were all home! Plus I learned how to shoot a gun (or shooting rifle, whatever it's called) from Michael and his dad! Ah, it was so scary at first because I've never even heard a gun shot next to me! But I'd have to say, for my first time I wasn't too shabby! I wish I had taken some pictures, but I did hit close to the bulls-eye a couple times and also these metal targets that spin when it hits! I had so much fun with family and friends that I was almost tempted to stay all summer!

Just kidding :) because Michael had to ship out for bootcamp... technically he "left" on the 23rd, but he ended up just staying at a hotel until he actually flew out to Oklahoma on the 24th. Our dilemma was though, that Transformers 2 came out on the 24th... so how did we solve this? MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF COURSE!


Yeah, we were REAL tired waiting for the movie to start so we tried napping, but as you can see that didn't last long. We were both a little nervous being tired before the movie even started but with something that action packed I was WIDE AWAKE the whole time! And even though I didn't get to bed until like 3:30am Transformers was worth it :)

And now to finish up the jam packed month of June here are some pictures from Hoopfest '09 weekend!


It was such a blast to hangout with my friends that came up just for the weekend! Especially watching my friend Angela play in the tournament! {she's on the far right}

No comments: