Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthdays, graduation & moving!

I guess I've been a little slow writing anything so I'll just recap the month of May first!

Luckily when finals week crept up I only had to turn in two papers and I was done with school and had more time to pack up everything... or so I thought. haha. Well, it didn't quite work out so perfectly as I had imagined but it was nice to be able to celebrate my birthday on May 6th which was unfortunately smack in the middle of finals week! Michael, my roommate Lauren, her boyfriend Sam (who we celebrated his birthday early) and I went out to the Onion for a deeeelicious dinner and HUGE birthday desserts.

 

The only catch is that they make you work for your birthday treats! Sam and I had to do the can-can with the Onion waiters & waitresses!


After all those fun and games, I had to pack away all my life's belongings (with some help from Michael :)) and headed down to Pullman for Michael's graduation from WSU! It was probably the most boring two hours of my life, but it was all worth it for him since he now has a BA in Marketing!


But the delicious cake Michael's mom made was especially worth it all! :)


Let's just hope he makes it through the National Guard and Graduate school at Gonzaga in enough time to graduate with me in May 2011!

And just when you thought we were all done with packing, we had to move Michael out of his apartment in Pullman and move him up to Spokane! So we were hoping to get just a small U-Haul truck for his stuff and thinking WSU students had finished moving out the weekend before, we called the day before we wanted to rent a truck... BIG MISTAKE... because this was all that was left in the radius of Pullman-Clarkston-Lewiston-Colfax

It was sooooo large that we just spread out everything to take up space!



Luckily the guy was nice enough to rent it at the price of a small one... probably because he felt bad for us, haha. And it turned out that Idaho was done the same week we were trying to move which caused us to get the last of the pick. So, lesson learned = call at least 1+ week(s) ahead of when you want to rent a U-HAUL... it'll save you phone minutes and desperate attempts to try to convince leeway to rent a truck/van from Enterprise when you're not 25.

Anyways, now that all the packing/unpacking is done, here are some pictures of my cute little house that I'll be living in this summer and fall until I go to Italy!


1 comment:

Janice said...

hey, love the pictures! glad you enjoyed Michael's cake. Love the cute little house! I'm sorry I missed your birthday, I didn't know it was May 6th, which is also Heather and Cory's anniversary:) Happy Belated Birthday!